The paper Open Platform for Innovation in Logistics – Agent Optimization is devoted to design a new module for the Open Platform for Innovation in Logistics (OPIL) library, which is a part of the European Union Horizon 2020 project “Grow your manufacturing business“, known under the acronym Better Factory.
The goal of the new module is to calculate the optimal number of agents required for material transport in logistics. This task is highly actual in the early automation of logistics or in later extension stage. The new module is designed as independent Docker image and can be connected with the new connector Material Flow to the Real Time Locating system. Two examples demonstrate the proposed method implemented for Internet of Things (IoT) system.
– Ladislav Körösi: Institute of Robotics and Cybernetics, Slovak University of Technology, Bratislava, Slovak Republic.
– František Duchoň: Institute of Robotics and Cybernetics, Slovak University of Technology, Bratislava, Slovak Republic.
– Pavol Lukáč: Institute of Robotics and Cybernetics, Slovak University of Technology, Bratislava, Slovak Republic.
More about the paper
- Published in: 2022 Cybernetics & Informatics (K&I).
- Publisher: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Date of conference: 11-14 September 2022.
- Conference Location: Visegrád, Hungary.
- Date Added to IEEE Xplore: 26 October 2022.
- INSPEC Accession Number: 22186771.
- DOI: 10.1109/KI55792.2022.9925951.
- ISBN Information:
- Electronic ISBN: 978-1-6654-8775-7
- USB ISBN: 978-1-6654-8774-0
- Print on Demand(PoD) ISBN: 978-1-6654-8776-4