Welded metal door design and fabrication, and innovation and automatization of production
ZOVOS-EKO is an SME with 30 years experience dedicated to the production of personal metal doors in the basic dimensions of 2000mmx1000mm within standard industrial containers. Their business is build up on four main pillars: an increasing product and service portfolio, their welding manual fabrication, product innovation, and sustainable manufacture and circular economy.
Main pains are found in welding manual fabrication, consisting of difficult and repeatable tasks requiring high productivity and quality uniformity in the welds. ZOVOS-EKO has been constantly caring and working to solve the problems related to the working environment, the occupational safety and the ecological impact.
With the collaboration of the artist Tomas Libertiny and the technical provider Rossum Integration, this KTE aims at using the creativity and innovative design in connection with technological production needs.
First, a thorough analysis will be performed on an existing design looking to find potential for improvement. Some possibilities include:
- mechanical design and aesthetical and functional designs
- new functions and applications
- new welded products to be added to the portfolio
Second, a robotic workplace will be proposed and implemented, making a pioneer shift towards more integrated digitalization in the premises of the company, and allowing to:
- keep maintaining the permanent quality of their products
- probe how far and wide can the portfolio be extended
The successful completition of the KTE will contribute to:
- increase the productivity of work in the fabrication of ZOVOS products
- improve the working environment and safety for the employees
- gain more visibility with a high potential for unique commisions from international clients
- increase in the competitiveness of the products on international markets
- increase in the attractiveness of working for the current and future employees